Need Software to Recover Files on Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by bper, Jun 1, 2006.

1. bper

bper Corporal

Does anyone know of any good software to recover lost files from a hard drive?

I have a drive which was booting properly before, running XP that began to hang indefinitely during the boot process. The bios recognizes the drive, but the OS doesn't appear to load from the disk. No messages are displayed, it just hangs. If I boot from another HD with the 'problem' drive as a slave, the problem drive is reported as being unformatted.

I need to see if I can recover any files from the drive, and check the drive to see if the drive is worth saving.

Can anyone recommend any disk utility software bootable from a floppy which can do this?

Thanks

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds