ACER Veriton Boot Looping

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ThePhantom, Nov 29, 2009.

1. ThePhantom

ThePhantom Private E-2

Since owning this computer, M460 it goes into a "boot loop cycle" that can only be resolved via re-installing the ACER Disks.

I have run it with and without SP3 and the problem still manifests itself.

ACER are being unhelpful to say the least. Does anyone have a solution or idea how to resolve this and get the computer doing what it should.

Thanks in advance.

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

How do you know that the only solution is the discs?

What operating system are you using?

3. ThePhantom

ThePhantom Private E-2

The computer ran for about 3 months before the fault developed. Since then it's been back for 4 depot repairs, they always suggest reloading when call in, but being disgruntled send it off anyhow.

I'm running Windows XP SP2 and SP3 both experience this Boot Loop. I have not tried anything else and would appreciate some guidance. Th computer boots to the Windows User Splash Screen and then recycles. The latest manifestation taking 72 hours to occur from a fresh install (single power up) no third party software.

4. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Drivers!
    Ok, do you have any after-market hardware on\in your computer?

5. ThePhantom

ThePhantom Private E-2

Initially when I got the computer, to replace my first 10 year old home build, I loaded it up with all my Genuine Software. About 6 months in it "boot-looped" and the graphics card was blamed. Reinstall, lose all you work and by Jimminy it does it almost immediately again. This time a hard drive replacement!

Since then no after market graphics card (Nvidia - who'd like to buy it) have been installed and even with the new HD we've had at least 5 boot-loop instances.

Following the latest depot repair I have only run the ACER Install disk software. Nuffing else Gov and it flipped into boot-looping 3 days after a single start. I have the box on an UPS with an expensive voltage filter, Florida has some interesting voltages! rolleyes

ACER's aftermarket care is truly down market and I'm boot faced! :major

6. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Try Last Known Good Configuration from the boot menu

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Don't you have any lemon laws? After so many repairs and still not fixed, they replace it with a product that works.

8. ThePhantom

ThePhantom Private E-2

I've tried the RESTORE to last KNOWN CONFIG and that doesn't work. ACER insist the only solution is reinstall.

Lemon Laws - trying to get hold of ACER is hard enough getting them interested in proper repairs is impossible. I'm truly tempted to go the way of Dave Carrol in "United Breaks Guitars" (see youtube).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds