need help finding drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by megaflare, Oct 25, 2009.

1. megaflare

megaflare Private E-2

hello everyone, ok so i reinstalled my operating system with window's ice xp and i thought i had the blue service pack with drivers but i cannot find it anywhere now i have no ethernet driver so i cannot connect to the internet i tried to install a driver i found on dell.com but said i needed to download .net framework so i did but wouldn't let me install cause i couldn't connect to the internet. can anyone please help me install this driver. my computer is a dell dimension e510

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

You downloaded a Rxxxxxxxxx.exe were you able to run that program which just unpacks the files into a DELL folder on your C: drive? Or did you get the error message when you tried to run the Setup file from the DELL folder?

Check C:\Dell to see if you have a Rxxxxxx folder.

3. megaflare

megaflare Private E-2

sry it took so long to reply i work 12 hr days...anyway the c:dell folder is completly empty

4. sach2

Hi,

My idea for the R#####.exe is to extract that file to the folder manually. I'm thinking that the .NET requirement is just to run that R##.exe file not the actual driver setup.exe file. I use WinRar for extracting compressed files but if you don't have that you can download TugZip and use that. Just install it than extract the R####.exe to the folder. Here are dlb's install instructions for TugZip
    So you will have a folder named R#####, go inside and you should see a setup.exe file in the WinXP/200 subfolder. Try running the file and see if it installs. If it doesn't install then you will have to manually point to the .inf file in Device Manager.

Not necessary for above: Did the DOTNET error tell you which .NET you needed to have installed? Because you can download the .NET redistributable package for the version you need which should run independent of the internet connection.

5. megaflare

megaflare Private E-2

you guys reply quick lol it's great hang on im in the process of finalizing what i needed to do...i have a nack of never explaining myself clearly but i am in the process right now of extracting the driver's i need from a iso of the window's xp sp3 i found hopefully it will work

6. megaflare

megaflare Private E-2

maybe i wrote what i did wrong...i reinstalled windows i had just xp professional and i installed ice xp but all my driver's are gone. do you have any idea how i can obtain the driver's i need to connect to the internet that's all i really need at this point

7. sach2

You have two options download the redistributable .NET maybe version 1.1 and version 2.0 and see if they install without internet access then try to install the DELL Network driver. (redistributable means they include everything and should not need internet access)

Or install the DELL Network driver manually.

How does the PC connect to the internet? Through a wired connection? If so you probably need the third download (INTEL driver) on this page.

Because you said when you double click that download you get a .NET error my suggestion was to extract the files in the download to a folder and then try to run setup which may work without .NET being installed. Once you get the network driver installed you can then go back to Dell.com and download any other missing drivers or install .NET.

Basically you are extracting the R105478.exe you download from dell to a folder just like if it was a .zip file. To do that you need a ZIP utility, Tug Zip is one option. Then after unzipping the .exe go to the Win2K_XP inside and click setup.exe to see if it will install the network driver.

8. megaflare

megaflare Private E-2

ok so i was able last night to get the .net framework on the driverless computer. everytime i try to install the delldrivers it say's cannot download the application, the application is missing required files.

9. megaflare

megaflare Private E-2

i got it i was able to get the driver for the network and install it manually yes no more yellow mark by network connections in drivers lol thank you very much you rock! now i just have to set up the internet connection again

10. sach2

Darn, I was just posting a whole long reply to further explain. :-D

So the setup file ran OK from the R105478 folder? I'm not sure how much setting up you should have to do, maybe a reboot would finish things off.

Let me know if you still have any further problems.

11. megaflare

megaflare Private E-2

can you give the the driver name of the sound driver i need because i cannot find that one

12. megaflare

megaflare Private E-2

for instance you gave me the driver name for the network (R105478.exe) and i looked it up and it worked but the only driver i need and cannot find is the sound driver

13. sach2

It looks like there are two possibilities for the sound driver. You should just got to DELL support page and click Downloads and Drivers and enter your Service Tag number from the bottom of your laptop (about 6 digits) this will narrow down the results to your exact driver under the audio tab. That way you don't have to try them both but will get only the one that will work for your particular laptop.

14. megaflare

megaflare Private E-2

i feel like such a noob for asking this lol but how do i use the delldriverdownload manager when i double click the delldriverdownload application it says there are no files to download i dont get it.

15. sach2

I'm not sure where you are starting try starting here http://support.dell.com/support/ and clicking Drivers and Downloads. It should give you a popup asking for your service tag number. Then take you to your e510 page where you choose XP as your OS and then scroll down and there should be a list of drivers. Under Audio hopefully there will be only one if you use your service tag.

Or just give me your service tag number and I can tell you what to download.

16. megaflare

megaflare Private E-2

ok service tag number is 6tccz91

17. megaflare

megaflare Private E-2

oh and when i click download for the creative labs sound driver i dont get a .exe i get a application manifest. i dont see where to get the .exe anywhere

18. sach2

Dell's site is acting strange tonight. :(

When putting in your service tag number it doesn't give me any specific audio drivers. So the tag number isn't narrowing things down.

Both the creative labs and sigmatel give me R###.exes. I just can't tell you which one to use. I guess you could try both. Can you download them from the original link http://support.dell.com/support/dow...bIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False if not I'll download them and then upload them to mediafire and give you a link.

19. megaflare

megaflare Private E-2

i cannot download them for some reason will not work for me maybe im doing something wrong i dont know can you download them for me if possible many thanks in advance

20. megaflare

megaflare Private E-2

wait before you do go though the trouble i am trying to download the sigmatel right now maybe i need that before the creative sound blaster im not sure

21. megaflare

megaflare Private E-2

damn no luck i cannot find the correct driver

22. sach2

I uploaded the files to mediafire. xxx205.exe is Creative Labs and xxx282.exe is Sigmatel. Check the install instructions if they do not fully install you may have to go into C:\dell\drivers and run the setup.exe from there.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A0VI709F xxx205.exe
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymmnjjtzhum/R114282.EXE

You might want to play with Unknown Devices to see if you can tell which manufacturer makes your audio device.

It's taking a very long time for mediafire to give me a link to the second file. I'll post it in a few minutes. I hope.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  23. megaflare

megaflare Private E-2

dude you rock so much!!!!! after downloading the first file my sound works :) thank you so so very much for helping me out i was getting so frustrated.

24. sach2

I edited post above to include link to creative labs.

25. sach2

Your welcome! Dell's site was driving me nuts tonight so it wasn't just you.

Take care. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds