yepp...about ready to hate linux..

Discussion in 'Software' started by gamefreak863, Jun 9, 2007.

1. gamefreak863

gamefreak863 Private First Class

made this a new thread...because the last one was getting long....

ubuntu was installing fine when I replaced the hard drive with another...

well...it froze once, rebooted...ok were good to go...now lets see...hmm permanent install to hard drive...ok...here we go....*come back 30 mins later* and its at the boot menu...frozen on 18 secs.

guess what?...2 hard drives.

both are screwed now.

one giving whatever error message....crc or whatever..

the other giving an extremely long list of random code.

greeeattt.......

any help?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

My head hurts. I've been compiling new packages, and upgrading my distro to the latest release of the day. Huzzah for bleeding edge.

I'll look at it after I've had some sleep.

3. gamefreak863

well, enjoy your sleep. I'm going to copy my avatar for the next couple hours...Linux is so screwed up on my comp somehow that not even Darik's Boot And Nuke will load...jeez.

-.-

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I assume thats something that writes zeroes to the drive?

What happens if you try to boot to hard disk after running it.

5. gamefreak863

wait a sec...what are talkin about?..boot and nuke?..or ubuntu?

6. tommyellis

tommyellis Private E-2

I'll second that motion! Damn Small Linux just sits there non responsive!
    tom ellis

7. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Did my first dual boot install with PCLinuxOS and Windows XP yesterday. Everything is good so far, have usb wireless and ethernet connections functioning. Went into Grub in Linux to change the default boot order to boot Windows first instead of Linux, after a 10 second delay. Now creating FAT32 partitions to share files between Linux and Windows as a user, need to stay out of root while surfing the net. Updates (Synaptic) was only set to check Indiana U for updates but found and added all of the other sites and can now install additional software. VLC for starters. Try another distro, I've tried a few dozen live CD's and a live DVD and a few without the live CD or DVD on a "practice computer". My preference is KDE so worked more with Kubuntu. startx, apmi, Linux rocks, thank you Linus. Keep trying, you'll really enjoy it when the "light" comes on.
    Bug

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds