ISP Rant

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Adrynalyne, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

For any ISP techs listening:

For those of you who refer your customers to Microsoft regulaly for connectivity issues, please consider this:

We have internet access too. We are not fools, and very likely have the same hardware your customers do. If you have a dsl modem with NAT capabilities, that cannot connect to the internet, or cannot browse, please remember these things before wasting our time:

1. We know what Destination Host Unreachable means.
    2. We know what it means when the "internet" light is not on.
    3. We know what packet loss is, and how to find its culprit on YOUR backbone.
    4. We do not like you. Nothing personal, of course. :D :D

Background:

I am so sick and tired of ISP techs sending packet loss customers our way, or my current favorite; sending us customers who have a NAT/modem that is blatantly not conencted to the net inside of the hardware configuration.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2004
  2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I got one for dial up techs too.

Before sending your customers our way,, remember:

1. We know that error 691 is a password error.
    2. We know that error 676 is a busy signal.
    3. We have our own test ISP to see if you are lying to your customer ;)
    4. When you hang up on us when we call you, your company looks like the arse, not us(mostly applies to AOL support).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds