Dvd4x Versus 8x

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cdolgner, Dec 24, 2005.

1. cdolgner

cdolgner Private E-2

i am coping some dvds for my cousins that are little, im keeping originals and giving them copies because they will scrath them im sure. i have some dvd's that have 4x on them and burn fast, i have some that have 8x on them and they take twice as long. what is difference and which is best to buy. thanks

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

Mmm.that's pretty weird the 8X should be faster to the 4X...

What program do you use for burning nero, easycd creator others....

3. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

What is the difference in time? Do they take about the same amount of time to burn?

If so, your DVD burner may not be able to write 8x. Or sometimes DVD burners are finnicky about discs. Sometimes 8x discs will burn at 4x.

4. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

The size of the Movie makes a differance!
    Not all movies are the same size.

Not all media is marked with burn speed, maybe ya got em mixed.

Any media should be able to burn at the rated speed, but as suggested the burner needs to support the same speeds as the media, and then your need to set the burn speed correctly.

5. cdolgner

cdolgner Private E-2

the dvd that have 4x on them are dvd+rw and te 8x are just dvd-r, maybe that is the difference. that are all the same time movies, they are cartoons, and a set. i wont tell name, i dont think riht that i copy them but i bought for my grandson and he has already messed a few up. so this time i am making backup for them to watch not the originals, it my grandsons and my baby cousins. thanks to all that helped, i will just have to take some time to do it.

6. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

You sure the 8x are not the RW as a RW will only burn at 4x ..??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds