firefox problem: had to restart and asked to switch between users...

Discussion in 'Software' started by tomcruise3230, Feb 22, 2006.

1. tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230 Private E-2

Dear members:

I encounter a problem in firefox so i had to restart. after that, something happened when i clicked on the firefox icon to go online which never happened before because it asked me to choose between DEFAULT USER or just USER. so i didn't know which one to choose that has my most recent bookmarks and shortcuts etc. so randomly i choosed USER it was the wrong selection because it has bookmarks that was older then 3 months and few shortcuts. Therefore, I would like to know please how do you switch between the other user and what went wrong that i had to restart firefox and select between only two user options (which i never asked to do it) any information will be grateful thank you very much :)

2. netsurfer

netsurfer Private First Class

Close all open firefox windows.

Right click on your firefox shortcut, and at the end of the "Target" line, type '-profilemanager' (without the quotes)

3. greenknight32

greenknight32 Sergeant

Very common problem, though the "profile in use" dialogue was changed in Firefox 1.5, so if you were using the latest version this wouldn't have happened. If netsurfer's advice doesn't fix the problem, see: http://the-edmeister.home.comcast.net/tips-html/tips-create_new_profile_dialog_box.html

And if you ever see that message again, try using the Task Manager to shut down the firefox.exe process that's running. That's what usually causes it, Firefox is not completely shut down.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds