What's up with the new Kaspersky 2009?

Discussion in 'Software' started by shadowfury, Oct 16, 2008.

1. shadowfury

shadowfury Private E-2

I am very dissapointed with Kaspersky and their new anti-virus software. Not long ago like a month ago when my "Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0" expired, I recently bought the new "Kaspersky Internet Security 2009" right on the spot. After installing and getting the hang of it I realize that this new version of Kaspersky really made me mad! I mean I've been a kaspersky user since 6.0 to 7.0 and now this new 2009 is way different.
    Believe it or not, It really messes up your system resources and basically kind of makes your computer slow even though I have a mid-end computer on my Gamespot's Signature. Kaspersky made it more of a hastle of having reports, detected, scans, and updates on your events. It even detects some of my programs are viruses and malware but they're not.
    Kaspers used to be a simple and straightforward program and displays your scans of logs once it's done scanning, but now the new 2009 keeps it when you installed 2009 for the first time to until it expires, what the hell?
    Idk what to do know, I'm so frustrated with Kaspersky. I want my money back, is there any way how I can get a refund?

If I do get a refund, I might wanna get NOD 32 because I heard it's really good too, what do u guys think?

2. Apocrypha

Apocrypha Private E-2

I just did a quick look on the Kaspersky forums, and there was someone on there complaining of a buggy Kaspersky who had asked for a refund and they got it. So basically yes, it's possible to get a refund from Kaspersky.

As for the replacement Antivirus, NOD32 is very good in terms of detecting antivirus, though it's got a rather poor record for every other type of malicious software. Personally I've been using the new Norton 2009 and it really is very good, and completely different product from what it used to be like. The RAM usage is extremely small (less tham 10Mb used) and the detection rates are very high, higher than NOD32's, higher than Kaspersky's for that matter (Source).

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Detection rates?

It's protection rates we pay for surely?

4. Apocrypha

Apocrypha Private E-2

Well, yeah that too if you like. It's pretty much the same thing though, it protects by detecting.

5. shadowfury

shadowfury Private E-2

I see, well how would I get a refund on my Kaspersky Internet Security 2009? I don't like this new Kaspersky 2009 at all.
    Hmmm... what do u think about the new Internet Security by "PC TOOLS" called "PC Tools Internet Security". They're the one who made Spyware Doctor and it's a really good anti-spyware and adware software and recommended by majorgeeks here.

Also, about the new Norton 2009, is it really that good and different? Because from the previous Norton anti-virus and internet security, people complain that norton 2009 was such a resource hog and it sometimes detects things that aren't sometimes aren't "Viruses, malware, suspicious activity".
    Should I get the new Norton 2009 if it's any good?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  6. Apocrypha

Apocrypha Private E-2

I tried that 'Spyware Doctor With Antivirus' from PC Tools upon recommendation from the guy over at Remove-Malware.com, and personally I didn't find it to be anything special. It's detection of malicious software was pretty good, but it's RAM usage was surprisingly high, about 50Mb was being used. Plus it seems to have gotten a rather bad reputation over at the Wilders Security forums.

As for Norton 2009, it really is a completely different product from what they were providing before. It's got all the detection rates as before without all the Resource issues, plus it installs and uninstalls in less than a minute. I was very surprised to hear this when it first came out as I've been very anti-Norton for about the past 6 years. But once I was told all the 'quirks' had been ironed out I downloaded the trial and lo and behold all that I had been told was true.

As for getting a refund off of Kaspersky, I just did another quick look it seems that the only people who will refund you are the retailers you bought it from. If you bought it from Kaspersky themselves then I suggest e-mailing or phoning their Customer Service or Sales departments say that you want a refund.

7. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Symantec (Norton) now own PCtools so development of this product is in doubt.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds