Help! (again) Acer ASpire 5100

Discussion in 'Software' started by RoseMary1, Feb 12, 2009.

1. RoseMary1

RoseMary1 Private E-2

Hello,

New problem with my laptop
    I accidently set up a password on my acer e-lock
    more like I have forgotten my password and now all my drivers are locked
    Is there anything I can do to access them or will I have to take it to a technician?
    ... and I accidently deleted my sound drive what can I do to fix that?
    Sorry for the trouble I'm just not very good with computers. :(

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Likely need to chat with ACER support in your country as manual for that app does mention you need to take to a Acer Customer Service Center. I have an ACER laptop and that app was one of the first I deleted as the potential to lock yourself out was too easily done, just thinking aloud and iirc e-lock was run from boot, so get yourself StartupCPL and look for anything called elock in the startup lists and disable, "may" give you back use of the drives temporarily, but you would still need to speak to ACER as e-lock would not be working if disabled from startups.

As for sound drivers, how long ago did you accidently delete them? Was thinking a system restore back to before you deleted them may work, but easy option is to download and install them again from here http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_5100.html (XP is Audio 5.10.0.5273 and Vista its Audio Realtek)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds