VPN not working properly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BayWalker, Apr 1, 2011.

1. BayWalker

BayWalker Private E-2

I invested in the BTGuard VPN service to keep my computer more secure.
    It works like it should, but only for short periods of time. After anywhere from 5 minutes to 1 hour, it disconnects, attempts to redial the server and continually fails. Is this a normal problem for Windows 7? I've read a couple or other sites with this same problem, but no responses.

My system is as follows:
    HP Desktop Pavilion a6720y
    AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor
    2.20 GHz 6.00 GB (3.50 GB usable) RAM

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

If this is a paid service "I invested in", you really should be in contact with BTGuard.

3. BayWalker

BayWalker Private E-2

I did and they really couldn't help me. I wanted user assistance, since customer service rarely actually knows what they're talking about.

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

They should be able to point you to the logs to find out why you got kicked and why you couldn't reconnect - if they can't do that, get a refund and save your money to buy legit software/downloads.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds