"Play All" link in the Common Tasks does not work

Discussion in 'Software' started by luckyvic, Dec 27, 2008.

1. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

I am having one hell of time with this. I did perform the "Resolution, For Case 1", but did not work ( nochange).
    I went to "For Case 2" page link, downloaded ShellExView and ran it, but I haven't the slightest idea/clue what to do once it's up?

I recently uninstalled Roxio, lost all drivers-then got them back, and now got this nice little problem.

Again, thanks in advance for any help provided. Please don't hate me....:(

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What would Resolution for Case 1 be?
    Which Windows version?

Some info http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555409 on reseting WMP as default player, then rest is talking about 3rd party shell extentions, which the below shoudl cover.

As for ShellExView, what you need to do is to disable all non-Microsoft extentions and test your Play All, if it works then enable one at a time until you find the cluprit, and tell us what application it is, can go from their in uninstalling or updating said application.

3. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

So anything that shows up as for example, Nero, CoolEdit, should be disabled?

I won't be able to get back to you today. Thank you so much for your help.

4. DavidGP

Cheers on Resolution 1, just needed to double check what you had already tried.

Yes anything that is not Microsoft disable and then if your Play All works enable one and a time and test so that we can locate the culprit.

No problems on time, can pick this back up when you reply.

5. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

Did the ShellExView thing, no change. This is frustrating, just feel like giving a good kick to it all.

6. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

Redid the ShellExView option and this time it worked!! I must have missed disabling something the 1st time around ( probably pissed off and in a hurry to get it to work).

Thank you Halo for all your help.

7. DavidGP

Hi Luckyvic

Have you managed to start enabling them and found the culprit yet? as with all extentions disabled you will loose functionality with some application you may want.

8. luckyvic

luckyvic Corporal

Yes, it was Advanced System Optimizer (30 Day Trail) that was causing the problem. I had a couple days left so I uninstalled it as well.

Thanks again for your help. Happy New Year!!

9. DavidGP

No problems Luckyvic, my pleasure and cheers for the resolution and Happy New Year to you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds