Can A USB Receiver For A K-Board Affect Optical Drive Burns?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by superstar, Apr 30, 2012.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

I just bought a Logitech wireless keyboard and it brings a 2.4ghz USB receiver. Being that it's running off of frequency which I believe is radio based. Would that possibly have any affect on my DVD burners when I use them?

The receiver end is plugged into my motherboards USB port on the back I/O. I'm just worried about having bad burns.

Thanks

2. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

No it should not effect it at all as far as i know its just like a normal USB drive pluged into the computer.The only thing i see is the Speed of the USB port on the Key board.

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Short answer as Goldenskull said is No.

Long answer DVD burners don't burn in radio waves,they burn using visible light waves or close to the visible spectrum,so I guess you could analogise it as if you were watching TV and were using a two way radio the radio waves can't be seen by humans therefore they don't disturb your view of the TV,just as they don't disturb DVD burners view of the disk.

That said radio waves can induce currents in sensitive circuits when powerful enough but they would have to be much more powerful than a wireless device and much closer,mobile phones are more powerful and use microwaves which are more penetrating than radio waves. If you've ever had a mobile phone close to a computer you may have heard a few short tones played through the speakers,this is about the most interaction you'll get as the sensitive pre amp cables pickup the microwaves but it shouldn't interfere with DVD rips just your audio,internal burners are surrounded by a metal box which is earthed and intern that is surround by a metal pc which is also earth creating a double layer of sheilding.

To be on the safe side though keep mobiles phones away from computers and sensitive electronic equipment.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds