Internet in the basement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Halbibabe, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Halbibabe

Halbibabe Private E-2

Hi, I have dsl for my computer upstairs and would like to run internet for my kids downstairs in the basement.The question is how should I go about this?

There are no telephone jacks in the basement,so I would like to use my upstairs dsl.I tried wireless to a laptop (robotics,Belkin)Kept having a lot of problems,so would like to figure out how to run line to basement.Where should I start? Thanks for any help,and if you could keep it in layman terms I would appreciate it.

P.S There is an antenna on the dsl box.

2. Tom Robo

Tom Robo Private E-2

Im not a pro, but i use a Mercury 4 port adsl router with ethanet if its anything like yours run a CAT5 cable down to your basement and just add a switch (if for more computers) then configure your modem box?!? to allow the extra port.

If you have ethanet support. Just a thought! Hope it helps!!

3. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds