fax with cable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by peterr, May 5, 2010.

1. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Hello
    I have Googled this to death. I know about the free fax services but I use the fax a lot and need a machine. Everyone I read about loses fax ability when comverting to a cable company.
    Now I have Verizon analog and can fax with the machine and the pc.
    Can I buy a fax machine that will send and receive faxes if I have Comcast cable rather than a Verizon analog phone line?
    If I get Comcast triple play will a new digital fax machine work?
    Thank you

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Best would be to ask comcast

I was able to use dial up on comcast phone service without a problem so it will probably work with faxes.

3. Oldphil

Oldphil Sergeant

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  4. plus2plus

plus2plus Private E-2

I too agree with him.

5. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

If you have an analog phone line, you can send faxes from your fax machine or pc but if you have a cable modem only, that seems to be the problem.
    I still have my phone line so will continue to use the double play from Comcast for tv and internet and use the Verizon phone line for faxes.
    Fios has the same problem.
    Thank you for your help, though.

Last edited: May 6, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds