Printer Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by pamelaj, Apr 1, 2005.

1. pamelaj

pamelaj Private E-2

While clearing my computer of the recommendations from the other forum, here I accidently deleted some of my Dell AIO 922 Printer files. THe printer will not work and I do not have the disk.

When I go to the Dell web site and download the software, it still doesnt work and tells me that DLBTDR5C.DLL is missing.

I was told to delete 023 - Servie: dlbt_device - Dell - C:\windows\system 32.dlbtcoms.exe

and now my printer will not work.

Any suggestions?

2. RawLo

RawLo Private E-2

try a system restore.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

System restore doesn't bring back missing files.

Are you sure thats the correct filename? Because Google doesn't have any hits on it.

4. pamelaj

pamelaj Private E-2

would it be a custom restore for the drivers only?

or would I Have to restore the entire system? because i worked all night getting all of the hijack stuff and viruses off. :(

5. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Is THIS it?

It's actually made by LexMark, so if you can't find drivers on the Dell site, then try LexMark, they may work however look for the Dell ones first.

6. pamelaj

pamelaj Private E-2

yes, i downloaded a lexmark one too.

Im starting to wonder if I have accidentally disabled a port?? because I was doing that last in Norton because of CONSTANT security attack alerts.

However, Today, I have since uninstalled Norton completely and gone with Zone Alarm and AVG.

Do you think I could have disabled a port to the printer?

7. Insomniac

HERE are the drivers for XP.

Dell only seem to provide drivers for XP and 2000.

8. Sudz_Guy

Sudz_Guy Private E-2

Hi Pamela, I was reading your other thread in the Spyware forum, this might be kinda a dumb question 'cause I'm kinda dumb about computers, but can the file you need not be restored from the HijackThis backup? Just wondering, hope your problem is fixed.

9. Insomniac

No it doesn't, but it will restore the system to an earlier time when the program was installed and working. It's a 27mb program, so it's hardly likely to be a couple of driver files.

Yes it's the correct name. Google brings up 19,100 hits.

10. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

pamelaj,

You need to quit creating new threads for this problem. This is now your third thread. I have posted in your other thread so check it out before starting more threads.

11. pamelaj

pamelaj Private E-2

Thanks Sudz GUY

sorry ive been bothering the moderators, i am new to this forum and im sorry

i fixed it. i was missing a vbs file from the HICJACK THIS and CW SHredder evidently.
    Thanks again everyone
    and sorry to post so much.

You guys are great geeks.

12. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

Just to let everyone know so noone else will waste any time. This issue has been resolved.

Thanks to all who assisted:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds