my pc wont booth up past memory check.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by whisper, Apr 13, 2005.

1. whisper

whisper Private E-2

please, is there some one here who can help me.
    i installed a new hard drive and ever since i have to disconect the bower for my computer to boot up :confused:

2. Stygiis

Stygiis Private First Class

I am assuming you are having to disconnect the power from the new hard drive to get the machine to boot up. If this is the case, have you checked the jumper settings on both hard drives, old and new, to make sure they are set correctly? The drive with your OS being master and your second HD as slave.

You would also want to be sure that your IDE ribbon cable is correctly hooked up. Make sure the master drive is connected to the very end of the cable and the slave drive is connected to the middle connector of the ribbon cable.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds