temporary internet files

Discussion in 'Software' started by bluelou, Jun 23, 2006.

1. bluelou

bluelou Private E-2

How do youprotect temp internet file from being deleted?
    I have a young person in my house and I need to track his internet traffic. I noticed that several file folders have disappeared but new ones remain. Can I protect the files from being deleted?

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

You have a very unusual question. Practically every discussion I see about temporary internet files is oriented to the removal of them, not their retention.

You might want to try some monitoring/control software like http://www.cyberpatrol.com/

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You could try changing where they are saved .....put admin. only privileges on the file/folder ie. password protect.:) :)

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

What's your operating system?

5. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

i think TimW is best advice because one of "internet cafe" lounge where i somtimes surfing, they only use IE browser and the History button is disable, and internet option also

and maybe try to disable also installing new program, because maybe that "young person will install new browser

6. bluelou

bluelou Private E-2

Could you explain further please? I redirected the files to my user folder but I can't seem to find them. Also all content in the ie files are empty now.

7. bluelou

bluelou Private E-2

windows xp

8. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

Hi!
    Try THIS:
    In Folder Options>View tab
    Check 'Show Hidden Files and Folders'
    Then go to your user folder and open the folder: 'Local Settings'
    The temporary internet files folder should be there.(unless you sent them elsewhere)

Don't forget to set your folder options back to 'Do not show hidden files and folders'
    :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds