An RJ25 keystone jack to wire in an old outlet box

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by loninappleton, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loninappleton

loninappleton Corporal

I'm looking at a standard keystone jack with six connection points.

Viewed from the bottom (opposite side marked "Up") I understand the
    connectors are reading left to right eg 1 thru 6.

My old style non- stripe colors on the cable in the outlet are are connected to
    a terminal style screw plate with four termianls.

Which colors are connected to which connection points on the Legrand On-Q RJ25?

Note please do not redirect me to their manual/assembly sheet. I have done this and it incomprehensible which brings me to MG.

Colors are:

Black
    Red
    Green
    Yellow

on four terminals

Which colors to which of the 6 connections on the the keystone jack?

2. loninappleton

loninappleton Corporal

For any interested in On-Q RJ 25 connects on th9is subject.

I solved the problem today. The daylight had to be just right to see the color abbreviations printed on the RJ25 jack itself.

It goes like this looking at the connection side from top to bottom:

WT
    BK
    RD
    GR
    YL
    BL

I matched the connections with the color and had success.

This works for a single line. Trying to piggy back a second set of four wires failed
    so I reconnected all the originals since it took out everything until I completed the connection as it was to begin with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds