Music player for tablet

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by TDV, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TDV

TDV Private E-2

As was already the case with most mp3 players, tablets also cannot leave well enough alone and force you to take their improvements.

I am looking for a music player, which will simply play my transferred music folders the way I filled.

I usually play my own collections, but players insist to "help" me, by sorting them into all kind of sections, that THEY think I should be interested in, and use. :mad

I have my music on my computer, and occasionally transfer one of my collections in a folder to an mp3 player or my ASUS Android 4.4.2 tablet, and want it it played exactly as I put it there! :cry

What kind of player could I use?

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. TDV

TDV Private E-2

Thank you. But I am sorry, I probably did not write clearly enough what I am looking for, I have tried all of these....
    I do NOT want a player that does all these things "for" me. And against my will! I do not want a player that sorts my music into whatever category the player thinks it belongs. They ALL sort them... into albums or whatever. I use my own compilations, f.e. with 30 songs from 25 different albums. I transfer them from my computer to the sd-card in the tablet and then I want the player to play them exactly as I put them there. Without having to press 25 artists, 25 albums or 30 different songs...

I prefer to use my tablet, I do not want my tablet to use me.... Is there such a player?

Thanks

4. Eldon

Have you considered creating playlists in the music player? Then the songs will play in the order they are in the playlist.

5. TDV

TDV Private E-2

That is exactly what I do not want to do. I have 106GB of music on my computer, arranged and compiled exactly as I want to listen to it.
    What I look for is a player that will play the playlist exactly the way I put it there, instead of treating my like an idiot.
    All I what to do, is listen to this music, not getting it sorted, out or getting any more information about it.

On an mp3 player it is simple, I just put the music on a sd card and stick it in and get around all that childish software....

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

If you order your music with id3 tags and not just directories and filenames, then you should be able to use any music player you like.

7. Eldon

Thanks. I stopped short of messaging you. I somehow knew you would have a solution. :cool

8. TDV

TDV Private E-2

You will have to excuse me... But I have wasted several hours installing and uninstalling five different players.

And I formulated my question quite precise...

The answer would have been: There is no such player

The only thing that works is to copy a music collection on an sd micro and use it

close the thread

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

We don't close threads unless there is a particular need here. That said, why didn't you consider using id3 tags? That is the industry standard for proper organization. So you are right, there is no such player because they read id3 tags, not directory structures or filenames.

10. TDV

TDV Private E-2

Are you sure you have understood my question?

id3 gives me even more tags for the player to recognize.
    The webpage even mentions Creative, which is exactly where the problem started, when I used a new model from them. The old players had simpler software and: No Sorting! But now even id3 no longer works there. I would attach their e-mail confirming my experience, if I still had it.

When I hear a song I recognize it after a few bars, I do not need info about a song, and no one that sorts the songs in the playlists which I installed from my computer. I simply want the player to play them exactly the way I arranged them. I am using my3 tag to remove all tags, that helps when the list is played on the player from an external sd card. Once you put the list without any tags directly on the player`s sd, it will start collecting tags and start sorting.

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I fully understand what you want. I am telling you, make the software work for you with custom ID3 tags. Set the tags so things sort how you like. Or don't. I was just giving you a solution rather than dwell on the problem. It is an unfortunate incident, but there is something you can do about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds