remove corrupt files

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by DAGO1C, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAGO1C

DAGO1C Private E-2

Hi everyone I am New And need your help...

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 1gb hard drive 512 memory 1/4 used. Windows XP Professional.
    I was searching for a image I made with psp. Well i got a big surprise. I have about 50 image files that say 4,194,304 kb each. Most are files I have From incredimail & psp. Well I am dumb , But I also know that this is not right. I tried to remove them...No way...They will not delete they Are like lil devils.I want these files off my PC. I called Dell and of course my warranty only covers Hard drive stuff. They suggested a complete restore or go to their software help and pay $49.95 for their help. I have no money to pay. These files are like an addiction I keep thinking of them on my PC day and night And want them out.
    I know you guys don't like Incredimail Sorry It is my enjoyment.
    Please help me remove these files. I tried noving them delete them renaming them. Nothing works.Also tried restoreto earlier date and safe mode
    Also can you tell me how to back up my registry incase I get brave and go there....HELPPPPPPPPPPPP...Carol

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Do backup your important files you have now then try the below options to remove those files,

1. Pocket Killbox
    2. MoveOnBoot this one, once you dragNdrop the file or browse for its location, deletes the file on reboot, so any applications that have locked the file are not running so cannot lock it before deletion.. my fav!
    3. Unlocker

3. DAGO1C

DAGO1C Private E-2

How do I back up...All my files are important...

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Start / accessorites / system tools / backup ...follow the prompts.

5. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

6. DAGO1C

DAGO1C Private E-2

thank you

7. tcwade

tcwade Private E-2

I have a "corrupt and unreadable" file that I cannot get off my computer.

I have tried KillBox, MoveOnBoot, Unlocker and GiPo File Utiliites, and Safe Mode.

When I use CHCKDSK, it says that there is not enough disk space to restore files, but I have 25GB of free space.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's.
    post your question HERE in the software forum. i think that is the best place for you to start. good luck:major

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds