unsubscribing to threads

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by legolass, Aug 4, 2008.

1. legolass

legolass Private First Class

Hi!
    OK, I'm not really that new, but I don't post often, and I can't find an answer to this question. I'm still subscribed to every thread I ever posted, including ones from two years ago. Is there a way I can unsubscribe? I'm sure you explain this somewhere, but I can't find where. I have seen an Unsubscribe option in the New Threads part, but I don't know how to bring that up under old threads.
    Thanks for your patience!

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

UserCP > Edit Options > Under Messaging and Notification > Default Thread Subscription Mode

3. legolass

Hi LauraR!
    I'm sorry, but I'm still confused. I went to the above, and changed my option to Do Not Subscribe and applied the changes. However, I'm still subscribed to 9 threads, only 2 of which are current and I am actively following. How do I get rid of the rest on the list, or do they never go away?

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Make sure you click on view all subscriptions, by default it only lists your new ones.

5. legolass

Thanks to both of you! When I viewed all subscriptions, I finally noticed the Selected Threads feature at the bottom of the list with the drop-down menu. I have deleted the old ones now - thanks again!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds