Power connectors, 6800gt,

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by martinbowman, Feb 12, 2005.

1. martinbowman

martinbowman Private E-2

This might seem like a bit of a stupid question, and not worded very well but plz bare with me. :)

on my MSI 6800 256 gt i just purchased, it comes with a power cable for it that has 3 ends, one end goes into the g card itself and the other end goes into the PCS power supply. But what do i do with the 3rd plug? Do i also have to plug that into the PCs PSU?

at the moment i only have it plugged from g card to pc, and the other end is hanging loose.

But do i need to plug both ends in?
    thx

2. mudshot

mudshot Private First Class

Dont worry its just in case you didnt have a spare power connector for the graphics card.

The GT only has the need for a single power connector its the Ultras that need two.

Good card though :cool:

3. martinbowman

martinbowman Private E-2

thx for the fast reply :)

thing is though, that it is only a single power connector, its just that it splits in two...

the card came with two power connector cables, each with 3 plugs on

so i guessed one was a spare

just not sure if i have to plug two ends into my pc and one end into my card
    :)

lol

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds