how in the hack

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by odinsiren, Mar 28, 2007.

1. odinsiren

odinsiren Private E-2

i need to format my hard drive and i dont have a clue how.. windows me... i have tried ..wont let me

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

It's easy. You'll need a blank floppy disk, obviously a floppy drive, and if you need to reload Windows, you'll need the Windows CD. Anyway, here's what you do: Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. Now click on the Startup Disk tab (top right of the small window that opened up). Now click on Create Disk and follow the on-screen prompts. Now you'll restart the computer and boot to the floppy disk you just created. You'll be given the option of starting with or without CDROM support (and a 3rd choice but I don't remember what it is, but we don't it, so it doesn't matter). Choose either choice. I usually choose 'without CD support' because things will proceed quicker. After a bit you'll bit sitting a prompt that looks alot like this:
    A:>
    You'll type 'format c:' without the quotes, and follow the on-screen prompts. It takes a few minutes to complete, so have a beer while you wait ;)
    THAT'S IT!
    Keep in mind, that this will result in a 100% blank hard drive: no Windows, no nothin'! EVERYTHING will be gone.

hopperdave2000

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds