Screen resolution

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by birdbrain, Oct 9, 2006.

1. birdbrain

birdbrain Private E-2

Hi Folks
    I have an Acer AL1916W screen which has been working perfectly okay until recently
    The screen resolution has set at 800-600 ( big icons and a full screen)and when i try to reset back to 1024-768 it just goes back to 800-600.
    Any ideas
    Birdbrain

2. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

Try this...Right click on the desktop and choose "Properties". Click on the "Settings" tab. Click the "Advanced" tab. Make sure there is a tick in the box marked "Apply the new color settings without restarting". Click "Apply" and then "OK". Now...change your settings and click "Apply" and "OK". If your settings change, accept the changes by clicking "Yes" in the Settings dialog box.

Regards......

3. birdbrain

birdbrain Private E-2

Thanks nitecrawler for your speedy reply
    No luck with that one
    It doesn't actually say Apply new color settings
    It says Apply the new display settings i think it means the same thing in any case the box is ticked
    birdbrain

4. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

Does it say 'apply new display settings without restarting' ?

The only other things i can think to do would be to,

(1) Update to the latest drivers for your video card, or

(2) Check your video settings in the BIOS!

Sorry it didn't help......

5. birdbrain

birdbrain Private E-2

Yes it does say 'apply new display settings without restarting'
    and regarding the other tips you gave:
    you will have to explicit without getting technical
    the moniter has been working ok for 4 months WHY should things have changed?
    Once again thank you
    birdbrain

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds