Multi Quote Feature

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by mdonah, Aug 7, 2013.

1. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

How do you use the Multi Quote Feature in replies?

I've wanted to quote more than one poster to a thread in my replies but haven't been able to do so.

I have seen numerous posts where more than one person has been quoted in a reply and I'd like to be able to do the same.

TIA

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

I hadn't noticed there was one; I always use different tabs to do this before combining them and previewing.

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Use the plus sign for each person/post you want to quote and then use the Quote button for the last one. It'll create a response with all your quotes.

For example, if I wanted to quote both of you, I'd use the plus sign for you and then the Quote button for satrow.
    You can also use the plus sign for all the posts you want to quote and then hit the Post Reply button.
    Both work. :)

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks LauraR. Now I just need to figure out how to get the quotes in the order that I want them. ;)

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

When you are using the plus button, just click it in the order you want the posts to appear. ;)

Or just highlight and move your text. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds