RAS error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrudella, Jan 10, 2004.

1. mrudella

mrudella Private First Class

Hi all,
    When starting RAS on Windows 2000 Server, I'm getting the following messages:
    Specified module could not be found. (8007007e)
    Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service specific error 126.
    Does anyone know what they mean and how to fix them?

2. mrudella

No, I don't have Quick Books installed. What else could it be?

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

is your RAS service started? do you have RAStools installed? does your error log show anything else?

4. mrudella

I get those errors when trying to configure and start RAS.
    I'm not too sure to say the truth. How can I check?
    No, it doesn't.

5. mrudella

Anyone there?

6. mrudella

WHere can I download them from? I can't find it anywhere!

7. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

sorry man,
    I saw references to that error when people had the ras tools installed so I was just trying eliminate a possibility.

the telephony service is started too right?

8. mrudella

I'm new this kinf of thing, so I'm not too sure if it's started or not. How can I tell if it's started? The Event View shows nothing about it. Well, I guess I could look in the services part. Answered my own question. If it's not listed, will I have to install it? If so, how do I install it?
    P.S.- I'm only 17, so I have no degrees or anything. I'm trying to figure this kind of stuff out for the first time.

9. mrudella

Ok guys, in Services, Telephony is started. When I try to start Routing and Remote Access, it says that it can't:
    [​IMG]
    What else can I try?

10. mrudella

What else can I try?

11. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

get your Windows CD ready. go to start..run.. type in CMD [enter]
    at the prompt type SFC/SCANNOW [enter] this will replace all system files on your machine and hopefully repair any thing that is borked..

12. mrudella

THAT WORKED!!!!!!! Thanks for all your help. I tried it and it works pretty well. Do you know how I can change how many rings it takes for the modem to pick up? Currently, it's picking up on the 1st ring. This RAS is on a single phone line system with my DSL and house phones, FYI.

13. mrudella

bump message

14. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Can you post a new thread regarding changing the ring count..
    -thanks

15. mrudella

Sure, never thought of that. Thanks again for your help on getting everything fixed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds