Asrock Audio Driver Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by SynToxic, Aug 30, 2008.

1. SynToxic

SynToxic Private E-2

Hello, i am new to forums and i really dont know anything about computers. Now when i look on the CD for my audo driver it says If your OS is WidnowsXP64 please click UAA Bus Driver HotFix before installing the driver. SO i do that but then after ive installed it it says update/update.exe is not a valid Win32 application. SO than i think mmmk maybei dont need that and i try to install the HD Audio Driver and application off the CD but it gets nearly finished then it says. Install HD realtek audio driver failure. I dont know what to do. Ive read most the topics on this and ive tried the regedit thing. And ive tried to Uninstall in Remove/Add programs. Also theirs a Yellow ! next to Real Tek High defenition Audio In my Device Manager.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

First thing: IS your OS, Win XP 64bit?
    The report you posted does not state that it is.
    Can you uninstall the Realtek audio and the Hotfix through Add/Remove programs?
    Then reboot and see if Windows installs the audio driver.,
    (There was a recent Realtek HD update for Windows)

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yeah, that's my first question too... according to the report you attached, you're using a regular 32bit version of WinXP Pro, and NOT the 64bit version. If you tried to install 64bit software/patches/hotfixes/drivers/etc you'd definitely end up with some issues.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds