Audio Not Working

Discussion in 'Software' started by CecilSunkure, Mar 31, 2010.

1. CecilSunkure

CecilSunkure Private E-2

Hello all. I just reinstalled Windows XP Professional over a pre-existing windows installation. I did not backup my drivers, as I was told that it would be more beneficial to just download and update them all with the new installation.

I, however, cannot seem to figure out which drivers I need for me to play audio.

My PC is a pre-built HP Pavilion a705w.

I attached an Everest report to this post, hopefully that will help.

I'm really lost here, and I hope someone can help me out!

Attached Files:

2. CecilSunkure

CecilSunkure Private E-2

Actually, on another forum someone found me these drivers for me:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=435558

I tried to install the realtek sound driver, but when I checked the windows device manager it said the Multimedia Controller wasn't installed properly. I tried to reinstall it, and I got a rundll32.exe error: The procedure entry point _except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library library msvcrt.dll.

I hit okay, and a new one pops up: RUDLL: Error loading streamci.dll; the specified procedure could not be found.

I ran into this earlier when I tried to install the audio drivers from the manufacturer's website, and found no help by google searching these errors. I don't know what to do :C

3. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

Have you tried running Update Driver by right clicking on it in the Device Manager and seeing if it installs that way?

Sam

4. CecilSunkure

CecilSunkure Private E-2

Yes I have multiple times.

It seems that the problem stemmed from when I first started installing my drivers, I used a program that does it for me. It obviously did something wrong.

I system restored to when I first logged into windows, and ran automatic updates. The automatic updates installed everything I needed.

Thanks for the help anyways! This topic can be considered resolved.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds