Yahoo Logo not showing up in Firefox!

Discussion in 'Software' started by btw, Apr 30, 2005.

1. btw

btw Private E-2

Hey all, I am working with my cousin on his pc, We can not get the yahoo logo and other such images to load on his pc when he uses firefox. I had mine open and we checked all the setting to each other, and they were the same. I do not know where to go from here. Any help would be great. Thanks

Bryan

2. Cobra

Cobra Private First Class

1) On the Tools-->Options menu click the "Web Features" button.

2) Make sure the "Load Images" checkbox is checked.

3) Uncheck the "for originating website only" box.

4) Click on the "Exceptions" button. Make sure no websites are selected that you want to recieve images from.

That should do the trick unless the Adblock plugin is installed for Firefox. If it is installed it will show up in the lower right hand corner (viewers right). It will also show up in the "Tools" dropdown menu. In the "Preferences" menu of Adblock make sure that http://www.yahoo.com/* or anything similar to that is not in there.

3. btw

btw Private E-2

Thanks will check it out!

4. btw

btw Private E-2

no adblock on there, and the options are right

5. kadavill

kadavill MajorGeek

Are you using the exact same version and add-ons?

6. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

What firewall is your cousin using? Some firewalls have a adblock feature.

7. btw

btw Private E-2

Got the 1.03 version of firefox. Nothing added into it. Have all firewalls unistalled temporarily (is behind a linksys). We also just checked in IE, and the samething happens to us! We are in the process of reinstalling firefox now. Any other ideas?

Thanks all

8. Shadow_Puter_Dude

All firewalls are down, it happens to both IE and Firefox. Then it has to be something else. What Spyware, Adware Programs are running in the background?

9. btw

btw Private E-2

just MS Anti-spy

10. Shadow_Puter_Dude

OK, any Anti-virus, Internet Security packages running.

11. btw

btw Private E-2

Just Avast, we now put ZA on it. But nothing eles running. No Secuity packages, those things cost money, hahaha

12. Shadow_Puter_Dude

13. stuffinabox

stuffinabox Private E-2

i created this the other day on my system.
    check your hosts file.
    somewhere in there is a reference that is blocking the images\
    yahoo logos are blocked by a line like 127.0.0.1 us.a1.yimg.com

14. btw

btw Private E-2

how do I check the host file? the us.xxx is what comes up! thanks

15. btw

btw Private E-2

Have all that done, pc "should" not be infected, we keep them very clean! Thanks anyways

Bryan

16. btw

btw Private E-2

It was the hostfile. I used WINSOCKFIX and it took care of the problem! Thanks for all the help!!!

Bryan

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds