Missing local area connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by abombapoc, Jul 4, 2009.

1. abombapoc

abombapoc Private E-2

My computer was FULL of viruses, and we couldn't figure how to get rid of them so i just used a recovery disk and reinstalled windows, But after I got done, i tried setting up the internet, And I couldn't figure out how, theres no local area network connection it says, I have my router plugged into the computer is there anything I can do? Although it does say I have

1394 Net Adapter,

Thank you so much if you can help me.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

We need some more info... like the make and model of the PC, and/or the make and model of your motherboard, and which version of Windows you're using, including the service pack. If you don't know this info, simply create and upload an Everest system report using the steps in this thread and we'll be happy to help! You can download Everest (it's 100% free) using this link.

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Have you tried resetting your router or modem?Pull the power plug for a minute, then plug it back in to force a resetting of the IP address.
    But, by all means, do as suggested by dlb and get a checkup for your machine.

4. abombapoc

abombapoc Private E-2

Heres the report about my computer, thanks so much Hopefully you can help, The local area network isnt there for some reason and im not aloud to go to the internet tried doing tons of things, I had to use a flash drive to do this.

Attached Files:

5. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

You have all your drivers installed? check device manager for problems/check marks.
    Run the network setup wizard

6. Greywood1862

Greywood1862 Private First Class

I had a similar problem. In my case I was missing network the network driver along with the modem driver. I've got a Dell so this may not be exactly the same for Gateway, but here goes anyway. My recovery disk didn't have all the drivers on it. They were located on another disk - Dell Resource CD. Look and see if you have anything like that. If so, you can update the driver from the hardware manager.

7. thenextnash

thenextnash Private E-2

I have an ASUS, with an ASUS crosshair and i dont have the local area connection because i had to reinstall windows xp. what driver do I use?

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

9. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

@ thenextnash: This thread is over two years old. It's best to start your own new thread as suggested above by plodr. Please include the info as I suggested 2 years ago above in post #2.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds