strange explorer behavior

Discussion in 'Software' started by linseed, Oct 21, 2004.

1. linseed

linseed Private E-2

I am working with win xp home. A complete folder with all its contents (word and excel documents) was automatically moved into a folder named chstemp (which i don't recall having before). When trying to move the folder or its contents it only creates a file named dunst_small[1].jpg instead of moving the files. I have not tried to open this file, cause it got me scared. I have looked everywhere for info on this and found nothing. Pls HELP

2. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

Your computer may be infected with something. Have you tried scanning for viruses, trogans, and spyware?

If that's not the case try opening Excel and Word and opening each file idividualy and saving every file to another folder or directory. Then you could delete the strange folder.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds