Wireless Zero Configuration

Discussion in 'Software' started by Denise_M, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Hi,

My pc was running very slowly . . . i.e., it took about 10 minutes to reboot. Someone told me to Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig /flushdns.

It worked beautifully. My pc speed is more than twice as fast as it was before.

However, I read this article:

http://www.iceteks.com/articles.php?act=view&article=ndisuio&p=1&

and I decided to permanently turn off NDIS Computer Management > Services > Wireless Zero Configuration > Disable :rolleyes:

That was a mistake. Everytime I opened a page, I received a message that NDIS was receiving something and asked if I wanted it to continue. I checked the box "do not ask again" but it continued to pop up for every page I visited.

So I decided to enable it again, which was easy to do . . . Computer Management > Services > Wireless Zero Configuration > Automatic. The only problem is that in Start > Run > msconfig > Services > Wireless Zero Configuration is "Stopped" so that I continue to get the messages. When I try to click on it to set it up as "Running," nothing happens. I can't change the setting.

My pc is my personal pc. Nobody uses it but me so I'm the Administrator and this is an Administrator setting but I seem to not be able to change Administrator settings, even if I want to Schedule a program to run, i.e, Ad-Aware. When I try, I receive a message that asks me for my passwowrd and since I don't have or need a password, I receive a message that essentially says that since I'm not the Administrator, the scheduled program may not run, and it doesn't.

When I boot my pc, it boots automatically to my desktop. I tried logging off from my desktop as Owner but there's no Administrator icon, just my one icon, named "Owner."

So I have two questions:

What settings do I need to change so that my pc will recognize me as the Administrator?

How do I change Start > Run > msconfig > Services > Wireless Zero Configuration from "Stopped" to "Running?"

Denise

2. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Hi again,

Just an update to my previous post. I had asked

How do I change Start > Run > msconfig > Services > Wireless Zero Configuration from "Stopped" to "Running?"

Previous attempts to change the setting from Stopped to Running failed. When I tried Computer Management > Services > Wireless Zero Configuration > Automatic one more time, it automatically changed the setting from Stopped to Running in Start > Run > msconfig > Services > Wireless Zero Configuration. Earlier attempts didn't change it. So I no longer need help with this matter. :)

However, I still need to know what settings to change so that my pc will recognize "Owner" as Administrator so that I can schedule tasks.

Thanks in advance . . . Denise

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Glad you got the "service" back up and running.

as to the Admin account, by defualt on an install the named "owner" account is the "administrator" account.

you can check some settings by going to Control Panel > User Accounts > check what it says by "Owner" underneath the name it should say either Administrator or Limited?

from that page you can change the Name, Type ( as in Limited > Admin or vice versa ) and password to that account, just click the account name and a new list of options will appear, if your account is listed as Limited you can change it to Admin by clicking "change my account type".

some more info
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...oddocs/en-us/ua_c_account_types.mspx?mfr=true

4. abri

abri MajorGeek

Hi Halo :)
    Sygate requests permission for ndisuio.sys to connect to receive packets from the internet. Does it need to? Haven't quite figured out what it is.
    abri

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds