Xzx motherboards?

Discussion in 'Software' started by mmcypark, Nov 23, 2009.

1. mmcypark

mmcypark Private E-2

Hey guys, I'm new to this site and I need some help.

I have a XZX ARS780 Motherboard. Our company bought about 25 of these machines with these motherboards. What i'm trying to accomplish is a boot up on power on function. I know there is a setting in the bios on different motherboard where when power is supplied the computer boots up. This is convenient when the computer is not in a readily accessible location.

All the support I can find on the web is in Chinese.

Can anyone help me find updated drivers for this guy? Or let me know of an alternative method to booting up the computer when power is supplied?

Thanks for any help.

Mike

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:confused I don't think I'm understanding this correctly, or maybe you have a different definition of "boot up". Every computer I have EVER worked on (and there have been HUNDREDS) has tried to "boot up" when it's turned on. "Boot up" means that after the POST (which stands for Power On Self Test and it's what you see on-screen in the first 10 seconds after the PC is first powered on), the computer looks to a storage device for some type of operating system. It may be a DOS boot floppy, a Linux live CD, Windows installed on a hard drive, whatever. If it finds no operating system of any type, you'll typically get an error similar to "Operating System Not Found - Insert Media And Restart". So- you'll need to tell us EXACTLY what happens when you turn on the computer. What I'm trying to say is, that the following quote from your post above makes little/no sense:
    All I can think is that maybe the PCs have no hard drives, or no operating system installed on the hard drives, or the boot device order in the BIOS is set COMPLETELY wrong. This does not sound like a driver problem since drivers are basically little programs that allow an operating system to communicate with a particular hardware device so the device works as it should. If you power on a PC and nothing happens, then it is not a driver problem.

3. mmcypark

mmcypark Private E-2

dlb,

thanks for taking the time to even reply to my question. what i guess i'm trying to say is that, i'm trying to turn the computer on without pushing the button on the actual case.

basically, if i turn on a switch, maybe let's say at the circuit breaker, and power is supplied, the computer will then turn on. (without me physically having to go to the computer and pushing a button).

hope this clarifies. i've done it with other motherboards just trying to figure out a way to do it to this specific one.

thanks much.

mmcypark

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds