Newbie, asking a question(computer crashed)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Becky33, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Becky33

Becky33 Private E-2

I am not sure where to post this, so I am hoping this is the right place.

I am on my old computer and desparate to find help on how to fix my "crashed" computer. The sercuit breaker "tripped" and I ended up with a "sick" computer because of it. I need some help to fix it. (restore it where I can get to the start up menu, instead of redirecting me back to advanced options.) I can't even go on safe mode, just redirects. (I hope you understand, have a headache trying to do this today!):confused:

I am using WINDOWS XP, HP pavilion 753n. (I checked on their website....and got some information, but wanted to see what I could do before trying their extreme help tips.)

2. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

sounds like maybe your power supply got fried, you should definitely invest in a surge protector for your computer components as they are very sensative to power surges of that sort. if you can, try another psu to see if thats the problem.

3. Becky33

Becky33 Private E-2

Thank you! I bought a new one and also moved things around in my home. No problems and back up again! Thank you!

:)

4. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

my dad has a 750n and the PSU jsut died so I geuss you had the same problem, lemme guess 200w hipro micro ATX? that is my only issue with hp, they have crap psus. otherwise they use quality harware, seagate hdds and ASUS for the mobos.

5. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

glad i could help :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds