Please help... Drivers for Mitac 8317

Discussion in 'Software' started by boyblue1985, Nov 20, 2007.

1. boyblue1985

boyblue1985 Private E-2

Hey

I am loosing my mind here, I have reinstalled Windows XP and lost my
    drivers disk.

I have been trying to download the drivers from http://www.mitacuk.com/services/drivers.php but it keeps timing out, I phoned Mitac but they are not very much help!

I need my drivers.... someone please, please help!

Rob ;-)

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Tried their download too with a download manager as it allows you to stack up a download and just leave it, works better than the browsers download option as if you get a timeout with browser you have to start again, but with a download manager it will keep trying for longer.

However I left if for 30mins and didnt get a connection to the server, seems their site is either very popular or not like their support site server not very good.

Only suggestion I can offer now is to download this http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html and get the main PC specs of the motherboard for us and list what devices are missing/have yellow ! marks by them.

Main one will be to get your chipset driver, Graphics, Network and Audio, plus if you have it media card slots... but attach a notepad files summary of the specs and while it may take longer than getting that ISO off Mitecs site, we should be able to get them.

I would email Mitec's Head Office and complain at Mitec UKs support or lack of. notebooktech@mitacuk.com and copy in matthew.miau@mitac.com who last time I looked is chairman of the company and samuel.wang@mitac.com , who is Vice President of Mobile devices, Laptops in other words , but keep the email even if critisising the lack of support form Mitec UK civil in language as it will get you heard and not ignored.

That will likely stick a firework up Mitec UKs support service.. hopefully.

3. claus pedersen

claus pedersen Private E-2

hei
    i have the drivers, contact me by mail for upload.
    i have service manual as well.
    i need a new motherboard though ?
    Best
    Claus
    claus.ped @ hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds