Is this a good puter for a good price?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by I'm Sam, Apr 13, 2005.

1. I'm Sam

I'm Sam Private E-2

Hi,
    I am thinking about getting a new computer and I got an offer in the mail that is one I can afford. I'm just wondering if it's a good computer for a fair price. I don't understand even half of the particulars....except, of course, the price. The ad reads: 17" (16" viewable) Phillips CRT, Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz processor, 40GB hard drive and 256 MB of RAM, 5 2x CD-ROM, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Installed, Lexmark color photo jet printer, stereo speakers, keyboard and mouse, 10/100 MB Ethernet. All this for $300.00 plus the cost of shipping. Is this a good deal? I don't really need a computer with all the bells and whistles. I mostly just use mine for e-mail and to play games and other fun stuff like visiting the interesting websites people post here. Although at some point I would like to be able to burn CD's and I would like to be able to print photos I take with my digital camera.
    Thanks in advance for your time and attention.
    Sam :)

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

You wont get much pc for $300 I honestly think it would be better saving a bit more,its also important you buy it from a reputable "computer" company with customer support alot of the offers that come through my door with cheap pc's in are electronic's or home appliance store's.I hate finance but alot of companies now are doing some flexible interest free finance like dell,just something to consider.also the warranty dell has 3 year warranty on some of its stuff not sure all thier comps have it,they had a p42.8 with a flat panel monitor for $499 I was gonna link you to but its been removed.Try and get an AMD athlon system it will be faster and cheaper.

post the name of the company people might have some ideas about it. :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds