Compaq presario v6000 problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ouch, Sep 2, 2009.

1. ouch

ouch Private E-2

My screen was damaged beyond repair, Installed a new screen and it stays black, I connect it up to a moniter and the computer works, I took the new screen out and put the old one back in and it still works but not able to use, so swapped back to the new one and it stays black, HELP

2. Senlis

Senlis Staff Sergeant

I suspect a couple of possibilities

1) The new screen is not correct for the model of laptop you are working on.
    2) The new screen is defective. Sucks, but it happens.

The reason I don't suspect anything else is you apparently know how to hook the old screen up correctly, so it is probably not user error. Also, Since the old screen works (though broken), I don't suspect anything other than the screen is the problem.

My solution is to first double check to make sure it is the correct screen for your model of laptop. Be exact; If the screen is for z2600 series laptops and you have a z2650b, verify with the manufacturer that it works with your model laptop.

If you verify it is the correct screen for your laptop, you should consider sending it back for a replacement.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds