Presario v6000 frm hell!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RWAYS, Oct 7, 2009.

1. RWAYS

RWAYS Private E-2

Check it out. A customer brought this laptop to me wanting to down grade vista to win xp. But the version he installed him self was not guinwine. So i had to reinstall every thing all over agian now every thing is running fine but the wireless is not being detected in the device manager. I ask the dude that brought it to me "was the wireless running fine before u down graded" he said "yes". So any ways the xp is a fresh install. So what i did was swapped out the hdd with 1 of my spares next thing u know the laptop turns on when it wants with tons of lines thru the lcd. Screen it looks like somthing is loose but the problem is i took every thing apart and double checked everything from the lcd to the actual mobo and it a o.k THE LAPTOP IS A COMPAQ PRESARIO V6000 :confused:confused:confused

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Sounds like the LCD screen or video card went bad.

3. RWAYS

RWAYS Private E-2

I dont think it is every thing was running perfect and it still runs perfect but when it wants to turn on

4. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

So the lines go away when the pc wants to work?

5. RWAYS

RWAYS Private E-2

Yea while the pc starts the line will appear but once it loads it runs like a champ

6. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

I guess it's part of the laptop perhaps. Did you get your wireless issues solved? If you still have issues such as a yellow exclamation mark you may need a driver. Post in the drivers section for drivers.

7. RWAYS

RWAYS Private E-2

Yea thats was i was thinking too but didnt want to jump to cunclusions

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds