Leaving Forums for an indefinite Period

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mdonah, Dec 16, 2014.

1. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I'll be leaving the Forums effective immedately for an indefinite period. My cataracts have suddenly worsened and it's nearly imposible for me to see well enough to read or Post. Hopefully, I'll be able to return following cataract surgery but, I don't know when that will happen. It's a matter of money, (cab fare, co-pays, etc.) because I'm on limited, fixed income.

2. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Hope things work out for you.

3. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Hope it goes well also! With all the answers you have to so many topics, you will be missed for any amount of time you are gone!

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

You will be missed for sure! I wish you a successful operation and a speedy recovery.

We hope to see you back soon. :)

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

We will keep the light on for you. ;)

Hope all goes well with your eyes.

6. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

I hope everything turns out OK for you and the surgery doesn't end up draining your finances.
    My very elderly father in law had cataract surgery two years ago and although he still needs glasses for reading, his eyesight is now back to the same as it was 30 years ago (when he was in his 60s) and he has found a cheery new outlook on life now he can see again :cool

Take care and hope to see you back after your surgery ;)

Yo Ho Ho..... Merry Christmas too ;)

7. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Hope all goes well with the surgery. Hope to see you on the forums again soon!

8. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

I hope to see you back on the forums soon! I wish you all the best with your surgery; I hope your recovery is speedy. :)

9. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thank you. I, finally, was able to change my screen to high contrast and bring up the screen magnifier so, I'll still be able to read threads and post replies. :) I'll also be able to pay my bills online. :):) But, I had to call my Primary Care Provider to get someone here (VNA) to draw up my insulin. We'll see how things go.

10. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Glad to hear you are able to post in the help forums. You help a lot of people. :)

Good luck with everything.

11. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Don't let blindness stop Mdonah. soldier through:major

Nah get them checked out and sorted quick, people need your help.

12. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

You have been a great help over the years mdonah and I'm glad you can continue to post on the forums. Cataracts when they get fairly dense Nuclear Sclerotic or Cortical types, can when they affect more the central part of the lens affect quality of life a lot, hope you can have your IOL operation as soon as, rather than later.

13. oldandconfusedagain

oldandconfusedagain Private E-2 <i>emeritus</i>

mdonah.........
    nothing but the best for you!
    thank you for your recent help...................
    and the same to all here on majorgeeks
    an old curmudgeon

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds