Secure-Delete software

Discussion in 'Software' started by mkyv_18, Apr 27, 2007.

1. mkyv_18

mkyv_18 Private E-2

Has anyone tried or heard anything about this software?

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Are you refering to a particular program named "Secure-Delete"? If so, I've never heard of it, but there are MANY free programs that will perform secure file 'wiping' so when the selected file is deleted, it's COMPLETELY deleted beyond any form of recovery. Sometimes it's called 'file shredding'. I've used DP Wipe in the past and it's easy to use. Here's the link: http://www.majorgeeks.com/DPWipe_d5391.html As you'll see in the program description, it uses Dept of Defense security standards for file destruction. Wow!!!

hd2k

3. mkyv_18

mkyv_18 Private E-2

THanks, I actually piad for this program and Im not sure if it actually works. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this program.

4. BirdBath

BirdBath Sergeant Major

Fee

This program is supplied free of charge. It is copyright 1998 by Nick Gammon. Source code is available from the downloads area of his site.

Written for Windows 95 or Windows NT.

Are you talking about the same program? Secure-Delete is freeware as far as I can tell. If you have a different OS it might be why it isn't working.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds