HP G56 wireless network card not picking up signals

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yabba333, Sep 21, 2014.

1. yabba333

yabba333 Private E-2

ok i concede i need help here :D

ive been asked to repair a laptop that is unable to pick up any wireless signals. i can verify this as my router is fine and all devices can pick up the signal but not the laptop.

and to add to the matter the trouble shooting is not working which really doesnt help

ive narrowed the problem as evident to the wireless network card

ive tried updating drivers, ive tried deleting the driver restarting and re-installing the driver, ive re-seated the wireless card and ive ran out of ideas and was wandering if any of you guys could help me

it is a HP G56 notebook PC
    with a realtek RTL8191SE 802.11 b/g/n wifi adapter
    if you need more information on the laptop let me know

thanks in advance
    yabba :)

2. yabba333

yabba333 Private E-2

Fixed found that the TCP/IP stack had gone wrong

So in case anyone else gets this issue follow these steps:

Run CMD in admin

Then enter these (just the stuff in bold)

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Then restart the PC

Hope this helps

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds