Windows stop error help please

Discussion in 'Software' started by mongoose333, Feb 6, 2008.

1. mongoose333

mongoose333 Private E-2

This doesnt happen that often (I guess it could) but when it does ,it happens after pc has been on unattended for awhile ,I will be afk and come back and im at logon and it says it recovered from a serious error,linked to this

http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/....2.0?SGD=7988ad56-2397-4e8b-8e56-ea2e18c23b6f

I have all my power settings at always on ,NIC always on...

Is there a simple way of finding what driver???

Thanks,Mongoose333

The NOOB here:wave

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

We really need to know what the error message is saying.... right click My Computer and click Manage. Click on Event Viewer and then double click on System. Look thru the list for any red X entries. When found, write down the Event ID number, the Category number, any message or file name, then right click the error and select Properties. This will give you (and us) more details. If a STOP error is mentioned, it should also list an error number like 0x0000007F or something similar and usually a filename or process or service that is responsible. Continue thru the Event list and get the details from the most recent 3 or 5 errors and post the info here, and we'll do our best.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds