/windows/appPatch/drvmain.sdb error

Discussion in 'Software' started by randombodyparts, Feb 25, 2005.

1. randombodyparts

randombodyparts Private E-2

yesterday morning, i turned off my pc and i took 3 attemps to close down, and when i'd finally got it to shut down, it took 15 minutes in doing so.

fast forward a few hours. i got to my pc to turn it on. i got the following error:
    /windows/appPatch/drvmain.sdb missing/corrupt.
    this meant i couldn't start windows. with 100s of atempts to get into my bios i finally get into them, sort it so i get my pc to boot from my CD-Rom drive so that i can repair windows. unfortuntely it wouldn't repair. so i go and install windows on my other hard-drive. unfortuntely, during the repair, i think a lot of the old files were deleted. the reason the repair couldnt be completed was because a new folder (can't rememeber what i was called) couldn't be created.

so i then get windows up and running again, and able to access it. had to make new user accounts. and unfortutenly i can't access my old one... it's password protected. the files are in my C: drive under C: documents and settings.

the question is, is there anyway that i can access all my documents on my old account? by unlocking the password while in windows withou having to try to get into the old user account?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds