Norway is calling

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Teyssere, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Teyssere

Teyssere Private E-2

Hi there guys and girl! 23 Years from Norway here.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yay hello Teyssere from Norway :)

Welcome to the forum and I hope we can help whatever PC ills you have or if you are here to help others with your knowledge then great stuff.

Neat PC specs BTW.... what Windows version you using on that PC?

3. Teyssere

Teyssere Private E-2

Im running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Was wondering if I should get Windows 8, but havent got so far yet =) Actually, I got some problems with a laptop im trying to fix.. If you have the time to read my post, I would appreciate it alot!

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1765253#post1765253

4. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hi Teyssere and welcome.:wave

Got a pretty stiff OC going on that rig.:cool
    Water or air?
    (And I bet all sorts of flashy dohickeys and some such.;))

5. DavidGP

Hi

I will try and get to your post at some point.. but as to your question on Windows 8, then mmmm its a curious one as Win8 is for me much quicker than Win7 but the UI is not for everyone.

Windows 7 is just perfect for UI, speed and software usage as we are all used to the START menu button.

I have it on a netbook and Win8 is superb, not running it on my desktop yet, may be installing it this weekend as I have the RTM via my MSDN account.

6. Teyssere

Teyssere Private E-2

Thanks=) Got it on a Hyper 612S with 2 fans.. Temp in case is around 26C at full load, so pretty neat.. Total of 10 fans on/in the case..

Thank you for your answer about Win 8! Think I will try to install it on my laptop, and see how it goes =)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  7. DavidGP

Hi

Do let us/me know what you think of Win8? Its not for everyone and will I fear do better on the forthcoming Surface tablet over a desktop OS. I like it and have no issues with the UI, but uts not for everyone, I did use a weekend where one of my neices stayed to alow her (8yrs old) to play with Win8 and she found it no problems, actually couldnt get her of "cut the rope"

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds