M600 Sound Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by anoopatul, Feb 13, 2010.

1. anoopatul

anoopatul Private E-2

Hi,
    I am having a Toshiba Portage M600 laptop with Windows XP. I was having Windows 7 initially but had to re image it to XP. After the re image, everythign is working fine except the sound. I tried re-installing the Realtek driver from the link available in Major Geeks as per the previous post similar to this. But after repeated attempts still I am not having sound.

I am also attaching the Everst report - hope it helps. Please help me out :(

Thanks in Advance

Attached Files:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Noticing you have no service packs installed in Windows XP, at least get to SP2, then install the chipset driver from Toshiba (below links) and then reboot, then install the UAA driver from HERE and then the Audio (again below link).

Intel Chipset HERE

Audio HERE

Do let us know what devices in Device Manager have yellow ! marks by them once the above is done.

3. anoopatul

anoopatul Private E-2

Halo,
    I tried the steps mentioned, but with no luck. Still no Sound. Also I am having SP3 and it shows SP3 in System Properties- General tab. And because of this I guess, I got the message " The Service pack you are trying to apply is newer than the update you are applying. These is no need to install this update."- when I tried to install UAA driver below.

There were no devices in yellow in my device manager. Attaching a screen shot of the same.

More over the sound and devices properties in Control panel shows as 'No Audio Device;. Also the volume control is not loaded at start up also. Is there a chance of a hardware issues? Anyways of knowing that?

Attached Files:

4. DavidGP

Hi

Open up Services (can click start > run and type services.msc and hit enter, or can find services in Control Panel > Admin Tools) and look down the list for the Windows Audio service and make sure its Started and its Startup Type is set to Automatic

As you have SP3 then that has the UAA drive installed so follow this quote below and it does involve editing the registry so only attempt if your happy with editing the registry, basically we are just trying to fool XP SP3 into thinking it has SP2 installed so we can try and reinstall the UAA driver then the Audio.

Quote from Muskesnipe

5. anoopatul

anoopatul Private E-2

Thanks Halo.Tried the above steps. Still no luck.
    Also I am still getting the message "cannot access volume control" once the system boots up.

Is there any ways to know if it is a hardware issue?

6. DavidGP

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds