Facebook Photo Uploader

Discussion in 'Software' started by Poppi22, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Poppi22

Poppi22 Private E-2

OK, this may be a stretch but before I upload pictures to Facebook 1 at a time I thought I would see if someone out there could shed some light.

Facebook has an Active X control that should ask you to install when you want to upload pictures. For whatever reason (I am trying to ascertain here) when it says I will get a yellow bar or popup to be asked to load the Active X, I never get it.

I have cleared my browser history and cleaned out all old cookies to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this request to add the Facebook Photo uploader and ease the pain of uploading quite a few pictures?

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi.

What browser are you using? Have you tried it in Firefox?

Also, in looking up the problem, you should make sure you have removed all old versions of Java Runtime (use JavaRA to do this) and install the most recent version which is Java 6 Update 16.

3. Poppi22

Poppi22 Private E-2

Thanks for your quick reply. I am running the most current Java ver 16. My browser is IE7 Version 7.0.5730.13

I do not have Firefox installed.

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

It seems that Facebook is having some major issues with uploading pictures. Here is a thread (39 pages long!) on their discussion board regarding the issue: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2305272732&topic=4835#topic_top

There are some fixes that people have used and have worked for some and not others.

One of them is installing Firefox and using it to upload the pics since IE seems to be the main affected browser. That would be the first thing I tried, to be honest.

The other suggestion someone gave was to use Picasa Uploader

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds