New Lemon Family News Article and some good news!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cindysnoopy, Aug 26, 2004.

1. cindysnoopy

cindysnoopy Shotgun!

2. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Excellent! I trust Habitat a lot more than Jesse. They do a lot of good work. And more media coverage won't hurt either. Thanks for the update. :)

3. cindysnoopy

cindysnoopy Shotgun!

OK, I think it's now safe to say that not only did they fly Debra out to California to be on the show, but they surprised her and chartered a plane to fly THE WHOLE FAMILY out to California!! :D

...AND...

The Larry Elder show is going to give them some more money for the house. (I don't want to say the amount until I hear it for sure, but if I heard right, it's BIG!!!)

...AND....

The producer for the show is friends with a producer of Extreme Makeover Home Edition and we're going to put in an application with them and maybe get them working with Habitat to really make this new house a HOME! That's just in the dreaming stage right now, but it's nice that we've got a bit of a connection.

(who was it who PM'd me with the idea of Extreme Makeover Home Edition? I can't recall - Thank you!!)

I'll let everyone know more when I hear more. :D

4. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

Did the Lemon Family adopt all those kids? I'm confused.

5. G.T.

Read the article Cindy linked in her first post. It goes into it a bit.

6. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

Debra Lemon took on her dead sister's 13 children, in addition to the 6 she already had. Then one of the 13 had a child of their own, and Debra gave birth 2 months ago. I think I got this right, right?

Anyway, this is some awesome news Cindy :D I'm glad things are coming together for them :)

7. harry

harry Private "Bad" Joker

Cindy,
    Thats great news, nice to hear!

Just a small thing, I don`t quite understand what this means:-

" Welch had already been eyeing a piece of vacant city-owned land he wanted to sell. The land has been sitting vacant and off the tax rolls for some time, he said."

As far as I know , we have nothing like that in England. I think I`m right in saying that land rates, (taxes), continue here regardless or time.

8. G.T.

It's vacant city-owned land... there's nobody there that can be assessed taxes.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds