Talk about the touch..I want one

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigtrucks, Aug 6, 2009.

1. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Long story short Had a cable repair tech out today for my phone/internet problem. gotto talking about, that's right computers. He told me his best friend found and bought one of these off ebay for $800.00 The tech was telling me all its quilities and that it had 32GBRam and 13Terrabytes(not sure if I spelled it right) of Hard Drive. That's a lot of Hard ware to Drive. :p Any way I found this on You tube thought for those like me that were green about might be interested to see the new world.

[​IMG]

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

I'd LOVE to check that one out, BT, but will have to wait until I get into town. It is toooo big for me to download now on my DUN, but will watch it in town... That will be on my to-do list, for sure..... ;)

3. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

I'm sorry TeeCee What DUN do you have that is that slow?

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

It is a Dial-Up-Network, and U-Tube videos won't play like normal.. I can download them with "Free Download Manager", but the large ones take forever to load, so I save them for when I am downtown, and use the hi-speed computer at the library.... I can download the smaller ones tho... Also, when the connection is slow, it really bytes, but when it is really good, it doesn't take so long... thanks!;)

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey $800 is great as they normally go for $15000, but then most folk wont like them as the backend is Vista ;)

Did get to play with one last year and hopefully will get more time with one at MSFT UK this year, Surface is neat and the future, I think personally the future of family computing. Surface has been around for a while (pre 2007 but gained its first unveiling in 2007 at D5 conference) but is taking off more in retail and service industries like Las Vegas, I hope to convince MSFT that it also would be good in medicine.

Do review the videos http://www.microsoft.com/surface/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds