How to disable BIOS memory caching/shadowing? (BSoD)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Killah, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killah

Killah Private E-2

i keep getting blue screen of death....it tells me to try and disable memory caching and shadowing .............. (I KEEP GETTING THIS BLUE SCREEN @ RANDOM TIMES)

gives me some code that code that starts with "0x..."

it mentions a USB100TX.sys file, which is my Linksys etherfast 10/10 USB network adapter .......................

all my drivers are up to date... my bios is up to date .. every program on my pc is up to date......

only driver not up to date is 'ALi M5229 PCI Bus Master IDE Controller'

i attached my specs to this thread......

respec to everyone!

Attached Files:

2. Killah

Killah Private E-2

100+ views , no help ? :yum

3. Killah

Killah Private E-2

300+ views and not even 1 reply... come on please

4. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Can you give the exact error code on the BSOD?
    There should also be something above it saying what the error pertains to.
    (Ex. IRQ_NOT_EQUAL)
    Also, if there is a problem with a driver, you should try either updating or replacing the driver, which you can find at the manufacturer's site.
    This problem might be better off being in Software Forum if a mod can move it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds