SP2 taking up alot of space?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hatebreed595, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Hatebreed595

Hatebreed595 Private E-2

I installed SP2 and i just noticed i only got 10GBs left... out of 55, im not sure if that pack took all my space away, because i didnt check the GBs before installing, so does anyone know if installing SP2 takes up alot of space?

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

It's not SP2. It could be a virus. Have you run a recent scan?

3. Hatebreed595

Hatebreed595 Private E-2

yeah, i ran AVG and it found 15 viruses, but 1 was quarintened(sp)

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

That looks like your problem then. DAMN! Fifteen. :rolleyes:

Make sure you get rid of all fifteen of 'em.

5. lplimon

lplimon Guest

You might want to run another AV scanner. Fifteen... Jesus! That's a lot! Who knows, maybe there's more. That's why you need a double scan. Why don't you download a program that profiles how much memory is in each folder. They have some good comp profilers in the d/l section.

6. Nirvana_CN

Nirvana_CN Private First Class

15!?

Wow i would download another AV programme to do another scan, to make sure AVG didnt miss any mate. I'd reccomend NOD32 Trial as i have always found this to have the higest detection rate.

I would run a checkdisk too just to make sure the SP2 install didnt mess you MFT table up and is showing an incorrect ammount of free space.

7. HUDIK

HUDIK Sergeant

The one I downloaded: psp2.exe - File Size : 265 MB (278,920,704 bytes), and btw no problems. Checked all the progs with problems, and don't have them. There is a list of problem apps, but it doesn't show all, so fortunate.....................:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds